Muster 20th Anniversary - this year will be the 20th anniversary of the first Anstruther Muster and it will be held from Friday 26 to Sunday 28 May. 2017. This date for the Muster has been agreed with Forth Yacht Clubs Assocn with suitable tide heights to maximise numbers of visiting yachts. (HW 1600BST )
This year's Muster starts on Friday 26th with the usual Pipe Band Parade, Scottish Country Dance display and ceilidh in the Festival's big marquee, with licensed bar and hot food
For full details see http://www.anstruthersailingclub.org.uk/muster_current.php
Muster & Harbour Festival : Any ASC members wishing to help out with the Muster and Harbour Festival are invited to attend the monthly Harbour Festival meetings, which are arranged for 1st March, 5th April, 3rd May, 24th May. Meetings are held at 7.30pm in the meeting room at Anstruther Town Hall. Note this is not the usual Burgh Chambers room but is the meeting room in the Library at the other end of the Town Hall building.
ASC Subscriptions 2017 ASC members can renew their membership subscription either by sending a cheque to ASC Treasurer: Ken Lawson, Spindrift Hotel, Pittenweem Road, Anstruther KY10 3DT, or by bank transfer/standing order. Cheques to be made out to “Anstruther Sailing Club”. Alternatively you can paybycash on the day at the crane-in on Saturday 8 April
Payment by bank transfer should be to the account below, and can you please notify Treasurer Ken Lawson of your transfer payment by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bank: Lloyds Bank Stirling (302584), Sort Code: 30 25 84, Account: 00685667, A/C name: Anstruther Sailing Club
Annual General Meeting - ASC's AGM as held on 16 December 2016. The previous officeholders were re-elected. See this link for draft AGM minutes
Anstruther Harbour Forum Following an ASC initiative, agreement has been reached with other organisations with an interest in Anstruther Harbour over the setting up a Forum for the harbour. The purpose of the Forum is to enable dialogue amongst those with an interest in the harbour and with Fife Harbours and Tourism Depts. The first meeting of the Forum was held on 18 January - Alex Gardner was elected as Chairman and Bill Kennaway as Secretary.
The Forum has already had a meeting with the developer of the proposed rum distillery/ visitor centre on the site of the harbourmasters office. The scheme includes promising ideas for harbour users, but progreas is dependent on discussions with Fife Council on site ownership, and on funding.
The Forum is in communication with Fife Harbours on the issue of increased harbours dues as a result of cuts in Council budgets (with the possibility of substantial increases over inflation) and on deferment of dredging. A further Forum meeting will be arranged when more information becomes available from Fife Harbours.
ABOUT ANSTRUTHER SAILING CLUB
Anstruther Sailing Club was established to promote boating activity in Anstruther's famous old fishing harbour, which was converted in the 1990’s principally to leisure use and now has over 100 pontoon berths. The Club’s activities include :
- Sporting and social association for anyone with an interest in boating in the East Neuk
- Representing interests of Anstruther harbour users
- Cruising the attractive coastline and harbours of the Forth and Tay estuaries, and expeditions to the West Coast and Northern Isles
- Holding club races and joint boating events with other Forth yacht and boating clubs, including the East Neuk’s local rowing clubs
- Hosting the annual Anstruther Muster - the biggest gathering of yachts on the east coast, and an increasingly important summer event for the community of Anstruther and the East Neuk
- Organising the East of Scotland Boat Jumble, held at the same time as the Muster
- Member of Forth Yacht Clubs Association http://www.fyca.org.uk/ and Royal Yachting Association http://www.rya.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx