2018 Anstruther Muster - Friday 27 to Sunday 29 July
The 2018 Muster will again be part of the Anstruther Harbour Festival, which is a community festival with the aim of celebrating the maritime traditions of the historic royal burghs of Anstruther Easter, Anstruther Wester and Kilrenny & Cellardyke.
The Anstruther Harbour Festival will have a wide range of maritime-themed events and activities for the benefit of visiting yachtsmen, local residents and holidaymakers alike
The Muster's maritime activities will include
- May Island flotilla 28 May 1300 - 1600 BST : a flotilla procession from May Isle to the harbour. All visiting boats participating in the flotilla will receive an entry medal,
- Muster trophies for Furthest Travelled Boat, Best Dressed Boat, Smallest Boat, and Oldest Boat
- ‘Anstruther Muster 2018’ pennants for visiting boats
- Fisheries Museum Boatyard tour – see boat restoration in action, plus information on Reaper’s refit work
- Fisheries Museum Model Boat Club exhibition
- Scottish Submariners Association Battle of May Isle centenary memorial ceremony, Saturday noon
- Service of the Sea – Sunday 11am hymns in marquee
- Classic Boat rally - open to yachts, dinghies, motor boats and working boats – with trophy for ‘Classic Boat of the Year’, ‘Anstruther Classic Boat Rally 2018’ pennants for participating boats, and harbour dues reimbursed
See the Harbour Festival website for full information on the 2018 Festival - http://www.anstrutherharbourfestival.co.uk/index.php
Reserving berths - for those thinking of bringing a boat to the Muster, there are likely to be about 20 available spaces on pontoon berths and rafted out on hammerhead pontoons, and up to 24 berths doulbe-rafted at the dozen ladders of the outer harbour wall. The outer harbour has less shelter than the inner harbour. Fife Harbours have kindly offered reduced harbour dues of £20 for the Muster weekend instead of the ususl £17 per day. The harbourmaster will not be taking formal bookings for pontoon berths, instead a reservation system has been arranged through Sailingcruiisingscotland.com
To book, go to https://www.sailingcruisingscotland.com/east-coast-flotilla.html, click on Info and Booking tab for Flotilla from May island and complete booking form. Anyone having difficulty with online booking should contact Anstruther Harbour Festival's Bill Kennaway - email@example.com 01333 313172
Those making a booking must by noon on the day before ( i.e. Friday 27 July) also confirm their definite commitment to take up the berth and their ETA, otherwise their reserved berth may not be held. This confirmation should be made to Bill Kennaway on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01333 313172
Classic Boat Rally - The inner harbour wall at the middle pier is reserved for classic boats entered in the Muster's Classic Boat Rally. Skippers of classic boats wishing to take part in the Rally are asked to contact the harbourmaster (Tom.Fyall@fife.gov.uk) and ASC Hon Secretary (email@example.com) to give advance notice of their attendance at the Rally, so that they can be allocated a suitable berth
Boats wishing to register for the Classic Boat Rally should contact ASC Hon Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org . Criteria for a classic boat being generally wooden or steel hulled, but also GRP if a descendant of a wooden hull design and with enough wood trim to pass as a classic, or boats of “classic” design of any period or construction form, subject to the discretion of ASC Hon Secretary.
ASC awards a trophy for the Best Classic Boat at the Muster, and for Furthest Travelled Boat, Oldest Boat and Smallest Boat. During the Muster information sheets describing the design, construction and history of each Classic Boat are displayed at the quayside adjacent to each boat
May Island Flotilla - The Muster's May Island flotilla will take place on 28 July starting at 1300 BST at May Isle and progressing to the harbour.
All boats including Anstruther boats participating in the flotilla will receive an entry medal and tlocal also displaying the traditional Muster flags and bunting in the harbour will receive a fres Anstruther Muster 2018 pennant